Friday, January 26, 2007

Rockin' on the Rollers

I'm finally successful at riding the rollers for 45 minutes straight without any "issues". I can actually watch TV now while I'm riding them, and if I'm really careful I can even sip from my water bottle. I do have to hang on for a few seconds starting off and ending though. . . . . .but that's ok.

One thing I've not achieved success at yet though. . . . . .standing up while riding the rollers. I actually gave this a try yesterday and almost fell off the bike. It made me laugh pretty hard, but it was a tad bit scary. I think this will be the next thing I conquer. I have to learn how to stand on the rollers if I'm ever going to ride them longer than 45 minutes. After that time. . . . well. . . .it's just "uncomfortable".

It sure breaks up the trainer time though. . . . .rollers for a while, trainer for a while, some intervals on the trainer, a few episodes of Alias. . . . .before you know it, it will be May. Sweet.

7 comments:

SugsCandy said...

Sounds like you're on a roll:) Our trainers are sittin empty in the basement, bikeless. Been running and swimming though. I know what you mean about May being here soon, so gonna go get one of those bikes and put it on the trainer. I'd actually like to race with ya'll this year rather than just complete my races.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're next goal on the rollers is to match my highest recorded speed.
49.5 MPH.

Without crashing.

MTB Girl said...

In order to that, I'm going to need to be going downhill. Oh and I'll need someone to put my stupid computer on my wheel that I've been asking for someone to do since the Beechwood race - 2005. As of now I'm just guessing at my milage and speed. . . . .so in that case, I'm probably pretty close to that record anyway (I have an active imagination).

jwm said...

it's been around the net.. but there are all kinds of roller goals people can have...

http://teamchainreaction.com/video/hungerford/

-jwm

Ronsta, said...

It was 40 degrees out today, what the he11?

MTB Girl said...

Seeing as how I can almost hit the "appropriate" heart rate zone for BASE miles by just WALKING up the stairs. . . .I figured I should scale it back and ride easy for a few weeks. And I'm lazy now. . . . and today was a "rest" day. . . . .enough excuses? :-)

Sarah Lukas said...

I cant even ride rollers!