Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Recovery weeks SUCK

I understand the whole "load and recover" process. . . . and I've seen how it works with my own body. BUT, that doesn't make recovery weeks any easier.

First of all, NOT releasing the endorphins your body has become accustomed to is a tough thing for those around you. . . . . .second, not using the muscles to the extent you have been using them over the past few weeks angers them. . . . .and third, what the heck does one do with all their time if they're not TRAINING (ok, that one I don't really seem to have a problem with, I seem to fill the time just fine).

It's only Wednesday, but my body feels quite angry these past 3 days. I'm trying to gain some extra recovery time for the back, so I haven't sat on the bike since Sunday. One wouldn't think a few days off. . . . .after taking most of the summer off. . . .would be a problem. Yeah, I hate it. If I do end up having to surgically correct this "issue" in my back. . . . .well, they should send me away so others don't have to deal with me. Cuz not being able to ride again is gonna KILL me.

Think I'll make the body feel better tonight and spin on the trainer. I would have done yoga today, but I could not get my BUTT out of bed this morning. The joys of "recovery week". I'm tired (and hungry) all the time. . . . .and I'm not even using any extra energy!

No comments: