Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Out with the OLD, in with the NEW they say. . . . . .so we rang the New Year in with style. Here's the good looking group, minus Tiny, because he's always late.


We played Uno Attack for about 6 hours. . . .that was ONE hand. . .. then someone threatened to go home so we called it. Played a few more games. . . . . . overused the phrase "SHAKE 'N BAKE RICKY BOBBY, SHAKE 'N BAKE". . . . . .and got a GOOD ab workout laughing so hard ALL while stomping the competition.

Went to bed around 3am and then for some crazy reason we decided to get up and do the Polar Bear "swim" the next morning. Well. . . . .SOME of us did. . . .here are the BRAVE souls.


After I hit the water. . . . . . I got accosted by a 90 some year old man. . . .and then made a mad dash back for my towl. Couldn't feel my toes for about 3 hours. . .the feeling is just coming back now.

All in all it was a good couple days. I lost my voice Friday, so everyone's been quite happy about that. I might just become a mute now. . . . .stop speaking all-together. Perhaps that will be my New Year's resolution.

Actually my New Year's resolution is to live life for ME this year. . . .to do the things I want to do. . . .the things that make ME happy. I know I'm a late bloomer in this department . . . . . .look at the crowd I'm telling this to. I haven't always been the bubbliest person lately and I think it's because I simply forgot how to live life for myself. I've learned that when you get too wrapped up in other people's lives it can really take a toll on you. Especially when you become "dependent" on what you take away from any one particular relationship. I'm ALL about relationships in life. . .it's what makes me tick. But somehow I forgot to nurture the most critical one. The one with myself. And that's what 2007 needs to be about for me. Getting back to the basics and doing what makes me happy. Hopefully in the process it will bring happiness to others as well.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That looked painful!