Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday Blahs. . . . .

Well, I took the weekend off from updating. . . .sorry kids. At least my fellow bloggers were updating so you're at least getting your fix.

Saturday had Bill and I on the mountain bikes at Blue in the am. . . . .a beautiful morning for a mountain bike ride. Saturday afternoon had us with Team Pedal Moraine, doing our team "hike". Yes, I counted it on my workout plan because I'm positive I was at LEAST in endurance. . . .if not muscular endurance at times. We hoofed it up some of those hills.


Sunday we did the Milwaukee River trails. They were a little muddy, but still a lot of fun. A nice change of pace from the "norm". . . . .with a nice variety of people. While many people hit the deck. . . .I managed to keep it upright. How exciting for me.

All in all it was awesome to return to a full training week. . . .above and beyond, in terms of time on the bike, anything I've had since April actually. I chart everything I do in terms of workouts, and I had to go all the way back to April to find the same load I had this past week. We'll see how the body takes the load THIS week. . . .that will be the true test. It's quite exciting to get back to training as this is the longest I've been away from a plan since I started "planning" back in 2003. If I can hold this pace for the next 4 months. . .I may just have a chance at my goals for 2007. We'll see.

3 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

You think it is possible to have Bill take the iceman plate off your bike before the first wors race.

Kenny

MTB Girl said...

Dude, no way! I'm keeping that thing on my bike until I HAVE to cut it off. Maybe I'll see if Don can just use that plate as my WORS plate. It's so cool. . . . .

Mountaingoat said...

I was going to cut it off Sunday. You got lucky, I couldn't find my cutters. But next time...