Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Freeeeezzzzzing

Yes, it was freezing outside today. I think I'm spoiled now by the nice weather.

While some people were training inside today, due to the "cold" weather, we bucked it up and rode outside for a night ride. Once we made it down the big hill from our house to the trail, it wasn't all that bad. Of course the ride home totally SUCKED as the wind was in our faces. . . nearly took me right off my bike as we turned north on the final stretch.

Another sweet mountain bike ride outside in January. Gotta love it. Of course one of these days I'm going to have to back it off and actually ride some BASE miles. . . . . .one would think I'm getting ready for the race season already. Guess that's what happens when you lose "discipline" and do your own plans. . . .you do what you want to do, not always what's "best" for you at this time of year. But what the hell. If I can. . . .I might as well. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger. And heaven knows I need to be stronger after all that time OFF.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect night for a ride outside. Any ride is what is best for you, when it gets more complicated than that it diminishes the fun factor.

Anonymous said...

Most peoples reason for night riding: They have real jobs and can't ride during the day. When your not stuck with the only option being a night ride, like me, indoor treadmill is actually a treat.

Christine said...

I admit, I took a look at the temps outside and decided to hit the trainer. Although while riding I thought of you guys enjoying the bitter cold. I am a wimp!

Sarah Lukas said...

I might just have to agree with Christine. A couple times I have gotten all ready to ride outside, and completely wussed out. Now it's getting colder and it's getting so much easier to say, nah, I'll sit inside.

MTB Girl said...

I think the only way I can ride outside when it's cold, is to ride with others. Otherwise it's so much easier to sit on the trainer and watch a movie. It's WARMER and sometimes more fun than freezing ALONE.

Dano said...

HArd to belive but I too sometimes lack motivation on a cold day. I have to push real hard sometimes to start the clothing routine.

But once I get the boots on I'm good to go.