Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to the BASEics

Despite the "warmer" temps today. . . and the spots of sunshine, I decided to scale it back and sit on the trainer today. I broke out the Alias DVD's that my BFF gave me for Christmas and intently watched 2 episodes. It's funny how much faster time goes when you're being distracted.

One thing's for sure. All the harder workouts I've been doing lately. . . .all the mountain bike riding with others that has pushed me out of my "endurance" zone and into a higher heart rate zone (muscular endurance). . . .has made riding BASE miles a breeze now. I easily slid into the proper heart rate zone and was able to crank out 90 minutes without even trying. In fact, I think that 90 minute endurance ride even loosened my tight muscles from yesterday's weight workout, an added bonus.

Variety is the spice of life they say. It's the key to sticking with a "plan" and not getting burnt out. I know it's only January and I just "officially" started my plan. . . . .but I've got a LONG way to go before I'm "burnt out".

Sweet.

6 comments:

Christine said...

It seems like everyone is "raring to go" according to Chris Carmichael. He warned us today not to fall into too-much-too-soon-trap at this stage of the very LONG season ahead. Base miles are what they are... Adding spice to trainer work outs are a challenge.

Dano said...

I've said it before....

Trainers are the devil!!

Ronsta, said...

BMX, Pizza & Beer is the winter program here. This differs slightly from the summer program of MTB, Pizza & Beer. Or the fall program of CX racing, Pizza & Beer

SugsCandy said...

Oh Ronsta, If it was only that easy for all of us! Hey, but hats off to you for it being so.

Keep up the good work MTB Girl. Sounds like you got a good plan going.

bubba said...

I've been on Ronsta's program for some time now....well....his plan minus the BMX,MTB,and CX. I can't say it's working quite as well for me as it is for him though.


Oh....and DANO himself is the devil.... in sheep's clothing.

Ronsta, said...

Everything in moderation. Only ride as much as you can eat or something.