Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sunburst

I rode Sunburst today. Wow. I feel bad for anyone on a rigid bike. I had to stand up quite a bit just so my back didn't go out! It's a little different than past years, but not all that much. It's somewhat marked. . . . . .I think Dave ran out of arrows 1/2 way through though, cuz all of a sudden they stop.

The single track up top (and below) needs to be clipped back, and raked. I'm sure we'll do this again. . . . . .as in past years.

There's one place up top where you can catch air, then that curves to the left and I can see many-a-rider losing it there. I almost did a skid on my butt, but thankfully I still have "skills" (even if I don't have endurance).

I only did two laps. . . .not sure I could handle a third. Not necessarily from a soreness standpoint. . . .but from an "oh my gosh am I tired" standpoint. It sure sucks being out of shape. Hopefully that stage won't last long.

3 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

So were you smiling the whole ride. So riding a broken frame at this race maybe a bad idea.

Kenny

Mountaingoat said...

So I'm guessing it's mowed grass again? Do we stay on the bottom first like last year before climbing to the top?

Sounds like a good reason to race on trails down in Indiana that weekend.

Anonymous said...

good to see your back out on the trails!