Sunday, September 03, 2006

Retirement?

Although Sunburst is just about the worst race to come out of retirement for. . . .I might just be able to do it.

I actually rode 3 consecutive laps yesterday. They weren't fast. . . .and they hurt a LOT (in terms of my muscles and cardio), but I did them, and I didn't have to walk. And better yet, I'm not bent over today in pain. The chiropractor seems to be helping, along with all the extra stretching and strengthening I've been doing. The chiropractor also used the TENS thingie on me yesterday a couple hours before I rode, and this time it actually seemed to loosen up my muscles.

Today the body is sore, and the back muscles are sore, but the disk feels pretty good. Perhaps just a tiny bit agitated, but this seems likely from the sore muscles.

I'd be happy with the one day on, one day off thing for now. I'm still easing back in to things. Haven't done anything longer than 80 minutes for a while. . . . . .and "race pace" now takes on a little different meaning for me. But all is well. There's always next year. I'd rather be slow and CAREFUL to recover and still be able to ride my bike when I want to. . . . . .than be laid up in the pain I was in a couple months ago.

Sweet. I guess we'll see how the body feels this week before I formulate my plan. It's one day at a time with this vehicle. I'm no Spring chicken anymore. :-)

No comments: