Sunday, August 06, 2006

Calumet

What a weekend. Calumet is always a fun place to camp. Once again we were on the "water", moving up in the world again. Aren't we just a good lookin' crew?

The course was fun to walk. . . .I did a lap Saturday since I can't ride my bike yet. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes. . . .and I'm TOTALLY counting that as training. Of course I was sweating, huffing and puffing as I was out of breath, and I'm sure my heart rate was a little higher than it should have been. But it felt good to do SOMETHING.

I'm finding out it's REALLY hard to be a cheerleader and just watch when you're feeling almost normal. I know. . . .patience is a virtue. . . .I think it's one I do NOT have at times. But knowing if I'm NOT patient I'll drive them to cut into me to "fix" the problem has me being just a little more obedient than normal.

Bill had a great finish today. He looked incredible. Wasn't even breathing that hard when I saw him. He took 3rd in age which gave him another podium finish. CK wasn't so lucky. He took yet another spill, this one all of his own doing, and had more bike issues. I think Trek is hitting the crapper. I got my workout today running up and down the hill a number of times for handoffs. I actually had fun. My butt started to hurt a bit. . . .but I think that's still ok. I guess I'll find out later this week.

Home at a reasonable hour. How exciting. I guess I'll clean up now and actually relax a bit before it's time to hit the sack.

2 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Perhaps I will get back to really working out now that there's been a few bad races. Regardless, I realize just being on the bike is worth something as "GIRL" will tell us. A bad hour or so on the bike was insignificant compared to the 2 days of fun we had camping this weekend. Thanks to all - even TINY.
Peace,
CK

bmxmtbfam said...

Thanks for all the helpful words sunday, I think I may have tore my calf muscle a little on the start. I should have been smart enough to throw the towel in on the lead out. Glad my cousin owns the massage shop in Waukesha. I 2nd the trek comment.