Monday, August 14, 2006

Hatfield

Well, we thought since we had a two weekend break from WORS, we'd actually get up to Hatfield like we say we're going to do every year to ride. Those trails are so much fun. So we set off to do the 3 hour WEMS race.

I'm not sure what Captain was digging for in the garbage here. . . . . . .I think he just does that when nobody is looking.

This was the debut for CK's new ride, which he picked up from the shop on Thursday. With all the Trek problems the boys have been having, it seemed like a good idea to stray from Trek and try something else. . . .and why not make it a hardtail.

Riser bars??!? I thought those were only for Single Speeders and recreational riders.

The boys raced the 3 hour at Hatfield and rode the first half of the race together. Captain was experimenting with his race strategy, trying the going out hard theory to see where that got him. About 1/2 way into the race another 3 hour boy was starting to catch them so Bill gave Jeff the word to "go" and he went.

Jeff won the 3 hour, the "other guy" managed to finish just ahead of Bill and Bill took third. Afterwards he felt like crap and made this little pile. . . . . fruitpunch Gatorade. . . . . Mexcian was out as dinner options that night. . . . . . . . .

I was given the "ok" by my doctor to "slowly ease my way back into normal life" on Friday, so I tried an easy 2 laps of the race course Saturday, but the boys wouldn't let me race. :-( It was SOOOOO much fun. On a scale of 1-10 my desire to race the 3 hour was about a "12". But two easy laps had my body feeling a little tired and irritated so I decided to listen.

Sunday Captain was feeling much better so we tackled the trails together. The 3 of us rode the loop the 6 hour used (or so we think). There was some climbing in there and I could tell the body was/is still not "normal". I just need to understand what I can and can't do right now so I don't end up in the same position again. Thank GOD I didn't lose any skills. . . . .cuz I sure lost a LOT of fitness. But it's ok, because riding my mountain bike "out of shape" is a million times better than not riding it at all.

3 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Did he get a fisher hardtail and it's not a 29er?

Don't know what you're missing Jeff.

Coffee King (CK) said...

I'm resistant to change, and weight. The hardtail has been a stretch already.

And, GIRL's made so much fun of my risers that I'm about ready to try a straight bar (versus a gay bar? bad joke.). Such pressure to conform...

Ronsta, said...

Vomit- now thats good blog material!

I won't let on about the dirty little secret that Fisher is made and owned by Trek.

Isn't the PC term "flat" bars? Or is that offensive to less than robust females? Risers are the trend now, so to use a flat bar would actually make you (and i) non-conformists!

Anyway, glad to hear you're riding again, Girl!