Thursday, August 03, 2006

Second one down

Today was my second "epidural steroid injection". They held my feet down, just incase they spasmed involuntarily like the last time. It wasn't as painful as the first one, as there must have been more room for the medication to go, so it didn't press directly on my nerve. I still felt it all the way down my leg. . . . .but definitely not as intense as the last shot.

Having these injections take a lot of out of you. I came home and plopped on the couch to watch a movie, then prepared a new recipe for dinner. Moving around to some extent was good, because these shots make you very sore and stiff. This evening I feel like I did before the first shot. :-( But I'm sure that will pass.

Hopefully #2 will help me "heal" enough to actually ride my bike. I've got one more chance after this one, and if that doesn't do it, it's off to the surgeon. I miss Phoenix.

No comments: