Friday, May 05, 2006

We dominated

SS Amy, squirt, Captain (aka "science guy") and myself dominated the trails at Glacial Blue last night. We commented on what nice condition they were in as we were exploring the new single track someone is building. Captain said he felt like a rock star, and squirt commented on the fact that she was feeling pretty good too. SS Amy and I reminded them that they felt so good because they were riding with US. . . .just a little speed difference there. Of course we both felt like crap and were getting the heart rates up there. . . .I was dripping sweat as usual. . . . .we were both thinking Sunday is going to hurt.

While I still seem to have forgotten how to ride technical stuff, SS Amy was dominating the largest of hills, which looked pretty cool (especially that time she was at a complete stand still on her bike). The COOLEST part of the ride was when SS Amy ever-so-gracefully climbed over a fallen tree on the trail. She looked just like a deer. Yeah, that's what she looked like. A graceful deer.

On the ride back up the BIG hill home SS Amy took off like a bat out of hell to sprint past us all. . . .trying to show Captain who's boss. Maybe it was because she still had her number on from the race last weekend. . . . or maybe it was because dinner was waiting for us. . . . .or it might have been the bottle of wine waiting. . . . .whatever the case squirt tried to pull me back, but they ended up dusting me and I decided the last 5 minutes of the ride home were supposed to be EASY paced. . . .not a heart rate of 174. I think I got home as they were eating desert. . . . .Iola should be great.

I'll all set to take "the jacket" this weekend. . . .the question is, is "he" cool enough to bring it?!?

No comments: