Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Alpine

Tuesday is just TOO long to wait for an update to my blog. Sorry to keep you all in suspense!

Well, let me just say that was a hard race. I think if I had actually had FULL USE of my legs & back, I may have performed just a tad bit better. . . . .who knows.

But here's me off the start.

I of course lined up in the second row (since Don seems to call the youngin's up first). And when he said gooooooooo, I found myself NOT where I wanted to be. So out of the saddle I got and I pounded that hill to slip into 5th going into the single track. Of course I wanted to throw up when I got there. . . .but that's how it goes.

Two laps holding that place, give or take a position, then my "lack of fitness" caught up with me and I started to poop out. I couldn't believe the number of guys we passed even on lap 1 in the woods. . . .that's hard stuff. Trying to find a place to squeeze by those men, and then having them set aside their egos and LET you squeeze by. . . . .that takes it's toll. I can only imagine what the expert guys have to go through meeting up with comp traffic. Takes some practice.

This race put me even further down on the totem pole of pain. Afterwards I didn't feel too bad. . .but that night it crept in. I cannot believe how much worse this pinch or whatever it is has gotten. Today I'm off to the chiropractor. If that doesn't do it, it's back to the doc to be poked, prodded, x-rayed, scanned and whatever else he needs to do so I can return to "normal". Captain and CK almost laugh at me now when I've been sitting for a while and get up. It's a slow process. . . .slowly start to stand up, double over again from the shooting pain, work myself up slowly. . . .then after about 2 minutes of this, I'm good to go. Nice. Maybe people should send flowers. I could be on my death bed. . . . . .


No comments: