Sunday, May 28, 2006

The 12 Hour at New Fane

Well, for those who didn't know, I was the official "race director" for the 12 hour race at New Fane this past weekend. It's been a stressful couple weeks dealing with that on top of my increased work load but I made it through. Let's recap the last few days for those who weren't able to join us for the fun filled festivities.

Tuesday was the kick off for trail work. We had some very devoted team players who showed up to help rake the course and get things set. A big thanks to Ben, Ross & Bill for that.

Thursday was day 2 of trail work. Setting up the trail head and buzzing the grass down so people didn't bitch at us for having to work too hard. Thanks go out that day to Rich (who ran the 12 hour race in years prior), Steve, Mark and of course Bill. After a long few hours we headed home to rest.

Is Rich flipping me off?!?

Friday was the big day. Finishing the trail prep, trail marking & EVERYTHING else so Saturday we could get up and just BE there. Friday Bill and I got out to the course around 10:15 (after my chiropractor appointment) and we got right into it. Like my tan lines? Ooops forgot the sunscreen.


We dragged our butts home Friday after everything was "set". Then we had all the stuff at home to contend with. . . . . packing the truck, getting the money set, the night was a blur we did so much. . . .I can't even remember it all.

And then of course SATURDAY. . . .the big day. Drag my butt out of bed at 4am to get to the course to finish final set up and get everything set by 6:30. More on "Race Day" tomorrow, this camper's heading to bed for the night.

No comments: