Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Good news and bad news

Well, the good news is that I felt pretty strong at Blue today. The bad news is I felt strong only if I could keep my heart rate under 160. As those who ride with me know. . . .I can almost get my heart rate up to 160 running up the steps in my house. So if Iola is FLAT this year. . . .and I ride alone. . . .I think I'll feel strong.

Crap.

And who would have thought one could "forget" so much over the winter months? At the end of the year last year I felt SOOO strong and MUCH BETTER technically. Today I felt like I just got my bike. Maybe when thrown in the race situation those "skills" will come back. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Bill's new bike is FINALLY one step closer to being ready to be picked up (but we've heard that before). Gee, we've only been waiting since January?!? Or was it December yet? I'm more than a little disappointed with Trek as of lately. He had to order NEW stuff for the old bike in order to be able to race Iola. Nice. Apparently they're TOO BIG to care about the "little guy" anymore.

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

He should get a Mr. BiGG. He cares for the little guys.