Friday, June 27, 2008

Updates

We're almost ready to head out on vacation. I can't wait to get on my bike again. I took 2 rest days (Thursday and Friday) and the body is feeling like poopie again. A nice 25 mile ride at Hatfield should do the trick to snap it back to reality.

A couple hours and a few more items to pack and we should be set to go.

A quick update on April for all those who have asked and sent her well wishes. She saw the DR Wednesday. Sounds like the broken bones should heal themselves without any surgery. She was also told she couldn't do any more damage so she can get to backing as the pain permits her to. Of course if you know April at all, you won't be surprised in the least to find out after the doctor told her that, she headed home and sat on her trainer for 30 minutes.

Best wishes to April for a speedy recovery!!

See you all at Eau Claire!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to thank everyone who has wished me well in my recovery. It may not seem like much but having the support from fellow mountain bike racers and dear friends has helped me more then you may think. I've put the crash behind me and looking forward to a strong recovery. Today was the first day I could mount my mountain bike and go for an hour long ride. I have some work ahead of me, but I'm committed to some short term goals and a return to racing yet this season. "The truly extraordinary feature of the bike is that, like the greatest teacher, it encourages you to find the answers from somewhere deep down inside yourself."-auther Tom Davies. Again, thanks for all your support. April.

velogrrl said...

Brittany, you're It! you've been tagged. see my blog for more info.

velogrrl said...

I hope your back heals quickly, April!

Regina said...

tag you're it...see my blog

Christine said...

April, I am sure you will snap back into shape in no time. I can't wait to see you back out on the trails!!!! SOON!