Friday, June 20, 2008

Quote

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady

Hhhhmm, is that really true? Sometimes when I'm "wishing", I think I AM "planning".

This morning I RE-REGISTERED for the Grafton Crit. They screwed up the categories earlier in the week, so when I registered for the "Juniors & Cat 4 women", it actually put me as a Junior. They couldn't fix it, so I had to RE-REGISTER, so now instead of the $10 I was told it cost to race that one, I'm actually spending the $32.80 to on-line register, PLUS the $2.40 for the fees I incurred for my first registration. Supposedly there will be a $10 refund waiting for me when I sign in, for the cost of the actual junior's race. So at least I won't have to pay THAT money as well (hopefully).

$35.20 is a lot of money to pay to race 20 minutes. They better have some pretty sweet prizes for those top girls. That's more expensive than a 2+ hour mountain bike race. No wonder I pick the mtb scene. Definitely more bang for your buck.

BUT, it's a short race and I'm not doing a pre-ride. . . . . . .so the effort put out should just about equal out. HOPEFULLY. I can't really afford to be tired going into Sunday. That's going to be a LONG race. That's ok. I need a long "training ride". :-)

5 comments:

Christine said...

How fun, a crit! I never had that experience but I am sure it will be lovingly painful:) enjoy

Mountaingoat said...

I was hoping you were going to race the juniors 10-14, I wanted Zoe to try and put you in the hurt locker.

MTB Girl said...

That's the only reason I coughed up the extra money to race Cat 4 women. . . . .I didn't want her to smoke me. I get enough of that at the WORS races. :-)

Anonymous said...

Usually the crits aren't that pricey, nor the women's 4 that short. The team putting on the race decided the fees, etc. Just have fun!

Anonymous said...

Yeah look at the women's 1,2,3 crit. BIG $$ winnings and an hour!!!