Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Preparing for vacation

We're heading out this weekend for a week and a half long camping vacation. I'm very much looking forward to sitting on my butt and being "bored". Of course, as it always goes, there's just so much to do before we go. Not only preparation for the trip, but work things as well. Then try and keep your training up on top of that and it leaves one just a little overwhelmed. That's how I feel today.

I did get out for a ride. . . . .body felt like poop. But I logged some miles none-the-less. I pretty much expect to feel like poop most of the time right now. Sooner or later the body will toughen up again, I just have to hang in there until them.

The dog desperately needs a walk, she's walking around the house nudging me and requiring my FULL attention all while whining an absolutely annoying whine. I put her out on her chain and she cries. I put her in the garage and she cries. I bring her in the house and she cries. She's wearing on my LAST nerve.

I still have to finish a few files at the office before we depart, sign our ads up for next week, finish some brochures and deliver them. On top of that I have all the grocery shopping and packing for the week, race prep times two (we're doing the WEMS race at Hatfield), re-stocking the camper, after some time this afternoon I THINK most of my clothes are packed. Still have to do some laundry Friday AM for the last minute items. Then of course I have to pack all of Thunder's things, including food for the entire time we're gone. Thankfully she eats twice a day now. . . .so I shouldn't have to pack AS much. Add to that all the misc packing like books to read, dvd's to watch, games to play. . . . . . .lots of stuff.

All these things to do and all I want to do is sit on my butt. I'm so tired and drained, I can't focus there's so much to do, I just want to take a nap! I don't have the energy to walk the dog, and I'm SO tired of getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes. Two days and we'll be pulling out. . . . . . .I hope I can pull it all off. If I don't end up being "checked in" somewhere I'm sure I'll get it done. I always do. And if I don't? Well, then we leave a little later and I get help.

So it's all good I guess. The week and a half of "me" time will be worth it I'm sure.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Have fun kick up your feet and soak up the beautiful weather! See you in O'Claire:)