Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yeah, it's going to be one of those days

Dreary mornings just do that to you. They make it SOOOO hard to get out of bed when you don't have a place you NEED to be at a certain time. If the sun doesn't come out soon, I'm going to have to take a nap!

Yesterday was an enjoyable day. I managed to find the balance between work, chores & biking. I spent about 90 minutes in the flower beds and barely made a dent. I've decided this will be my project. . . . .to start ripping the "out of control" sections out. It's now or never. The weeds have pushed beyond all the flowers and together, they're starting to take control. Soon the house will be covered in weeds as well. . . .it seems that's their game plan.

Did OBC last night. It was an interesting ride. Apparently I wasn't recovered so the legs filled up with acid right away. Despite that fact, I was actually able to put out a fair amount of power (it just hurt a LOT). Sometimes I surprise myself. . . . . .when I feel like a piece of poop and think I won't be able to even RIDE, I pleasantly surprise myself by being able to throw out some pretty nice efforts.

We rode about 36 miles, just about 2 hours. Intervals of hard, easy, hard, easy. . . . .from a group of 30+, down to 2, up to 3, back up to 5. . . . .average speed around 18.9. I did a little wheel sucking, but I also did a fair amount of wind breaking and hill pounding. We rode easy and chatted some of the time, and pounded hard with only slight grunts some of the time. Overall, it was a well-rounded ride with fun people.

Today if the sun ever pokes out (it's SUPPOSED TO this afternoon), I'll probably pop out for some easy endurance. We'll see. Until then. . . . .I'll have to WORK to stay awake and motivated cuz it's THAT kind of day.

No comments: