Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Work, work, work

This afternoon had me sneaking out for a ride between showers as the sun waited until AFTER I was done to pop out. I took the road bike (Sydney) out for another time trial ride. With a 45 minute warm up, I put the hammer down and crossed my "finish line" in under 30 minutes - my best time yet. AHR 177, MPH 20.3, total ride time 1:45.

As if that didn't tax me enough, I promptly came home and hit the flower beds yet one more time. The one right by our front door drives me NUTS. It's completely chaos so I decided it was time to fix that.

Here's what I started with.

I don't know what the lady who lived here before us was thinking. ALL the flower beds look like this, and they're ALL the way around our house! Yikes!! WAAAAAAY too much work for me. I hate gardening. Relaxing, my ass. It's freakin' hard work!


Finally, after about 2 full hours I had finally achieved THIS.

Aaaaaahhhhhh. Serenity now. I can't wait to put something SUPER SIMPLE in this bed. Like some mulch/bark and my fountain.

Now my body has reached it's capacity for "manual labor" for a while. Between the left over knots in my shoulder from the weekend, my tired legs from my TT ride, and my sore back from pulling the freakin' TREES & weeds that were rooted in HELL out of this flower bed. . . . .I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference. That looks awesome!

Regina said...

OMG that must have been hard work. it looks great!

Christine said...

I love the clean lines. Nice work on the TT.