Sunday, August 05, 2007

Mud?

Well, some people wanted a mud race. . . . . .as we always say "be careful what you wish for".

The thought of taking a DNF crossed my mind MORE than once today. Come to think of it, I'm not really sure HOW I managed to finish. Granted it was a completely different course than the WEMS race (or the course we pre-rode for that matter). . . . .but I rode the Craters climb 5 times for the 3 hour WEMS race and today I had to walk part of it on EACH lap. Now THAT is bad.

I need time to reflect on this. . . . . .despite the fact that I finished not-so-bad. . . . . .I'm not really sure if I had fun or not. I'll sleep on it and let you know tomorrow.

At least Athena doesn't appear "hurt". . . .and after about 30 minutes of scrubbing, she's finally clean again (yes, I cleaned her).

Yikes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice finish! And thanks for all the encouragement during the race, even if it did make me laugh as I was climbing the ski hill.

Slow29er
http://blog.teammartz.com/

Unknown said...

you know you had fun. you did excellent. you aren't racing if you haven't thought of dnf'ing at some point... i said i didn't but in reality on the second lap in the single track when i couldn't get up that short steep section and the final climb into the finish i thought about it too- but that was just silly.

Anonymous said...

ummm...is Athena the pet name for your bike, or something else?

MTB Girl said...

Athena is my mountain bike. Don't you read my blog? ;-)