Friday, August 10, 2007

NORBA rankings

So every year I purchase a Norba license to help support the sport. Two years ago I watched my rankings for fun and was excited when I'd pop into the top 10 even though I don't really understand their complex system of rankings. To me you should be ranked on how you finish OVERALL. . . .not how you finish in age group, but whatever.

Last year I looked a couple times, but since I missed a number of races, I just figured my rankings were low because of that.

Two days ago I popped on for the first time this year, just to see where I was. Well, I wasn't even IN the rankings. How could that happen? I'm actually having a GOOD year, how come I'm not even IN the rankings?

Further research showed all my results were at usacycling. . . .they just weren't tied to my license number for some strange reason.

A couple e-mails later. . . . .and wha-la. I'm in the rankings.

Sweet. It's fun to look at once in a while. Especially on those days when I feel like I SUCK. :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a norba license but never remember to use it for wors. so not only am i not ranked... i miss out on the discount.

Mountaingoat said...

Sandbagger...

Anonymous said...

You gotta go for the discount. The money back puts you well into a smoothie or coffee at the Muddy Cup.
The sandbagger comment was a riot too.
Now let's see if I can get my name on here instead of anonymous. Hey..I might be a computer guy but that doesn't mean I'm a blogger.

Christine said...

Funny thing, I was just on line with them asking them why Ty never got his license in the mail yet.

Your kickin my butt!

Unknown said...

did you ride mt. morris? if so, do tell.