Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another TT ride

Lots of the same going on lately. I've actually been working a fair amount, which is good considering the real estate market isn't the greatest. Did a recovery ride yesterday after all the climbing at Beechwood Tuesday. I felt like a million bucks. Apparently it just took an extra day to catch up with me, because today I felt like crap.

Hit the road to do my time trial course. . . . .see if I could beat my rather slow time from a couple weeks ago. Did a longer warm-up (about an hour this time) and as I'm working my way to the start line for this TT, it starts pouring. 50 minutes in and I'm soaked. I feel my shoes squishing, my helmet is dripping "stuff" into my eyes, my lungs feel like their going to explode and my legs felt like they were LOADED with lead (neither of those last two things had anything to do with the rain, but they were "issues" anyway). BUT, I figured what the heck, I'm out there, I've got an hour in, I'm on the "start line" for my course, they raced the TT in the rain during the tour, I might as well go for it.

The course is only about 10 miles, so it took me about 30 minutes. I thought I was going to die. Obviously my body is not recovered - from WHAT, who knows?? But getting my HR up where it "normally" is was almost impossible. Never-the-less, I beat my last recorded time - thank goodness.

Now we'll let the body do some recovery and see what we can dish out at Crystal Ridge. I've grown to love that course. . . . .the more I ride there, the better I seem to get. Sweet.

No comments: