Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My saddle had a blow out

Thanks to the wonderful conditions at Mt Morris this past weekend, my bike is receiving a number of new parts. Come Rhinelander, I should be able to turn those pedals without a problem (well, at least through no fault of my bike).

I also managed to blow the side of my saddle out this past weekend as well. It had already started, but the full-on mud race took it over the edge. SO. . . . . . .I did some research and found a new one to try and it's on it's way.I'm so excited! Now, before I go and mess up my almost PERFECT bicycle settings. . . . . .can someone (knowledgeable) please tell me EXACTLY what to measure so I get it in the exact same spot? Thanks!

5 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

BB center to top of saddle and BB center to front tip. If the saddle is a different size (longer) then I'll also measure from center of the bar to back of saddle and get those three as close as possible.

Anonymous said...

Make sure that you ordered the women's version which is the dragonfly, I don't think you will enjoy the men's saddle. I love mine and have them on all my bikes. Best bet to put your seat in the right spot is to get a wobble naught fitting. It makes all the difference!

velogrrl said...

Holly- your comment got me looking at the web site, since I use the Butterfly and was wondering how this one is different. Looking at the Terry site, it seems like the men's and women's Firefly might be the same?! they both are listed as being 10.9 in length and 5.5 in width and have the same stock number. So maybe this particular one is a unisex saddle??

Enjoy the new saddle! Terrys are great!

MTB Girl said...

The thing I really liked about these saddles was they gave you a side by side sheet with all the facts about them, including the length and width. I really wanted something like what I had in terms of length and width, except with a notch out of it for "comfort". This saddle was almost identical in measurements. I guess it's an either/or. . . . .but it does have a 30 day money back gaurantee also, just incase I don't like it. So really, I can't go wrong! :-)

Regina said...

I really like the terry falcon x. it's held up well and it's my most comfortable saddle.