Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Another golf outting

Those who know me, know I am NOT a good golfer. I usually golf once a year at our Realtors function and I have 3 requirements.

1) It must be a best ball/scramble format. Otherwise I'd be out there ALL day.
2) We must take a cart. If I'm going to tire myself out, I'm going to do it on my bike, not chasing a little white ball around 18 holes.
3) There must be alcohol involved. If I'm going to hit a tiny ball with a medal stick, I'm going to need to have SOMETHING to drink containing alcohol.

Because of my 3 requirements, my personality (my even MORE fun personality with a little alcohol), and the personalities of the people I work with, any time we golf is sure to be a good time. Yesterday was no exception.

I was asked by a friend/co-worker - BINK (yes, that's actually his name) to golf on his team. Besides being a full time real estate tycoon, he owns a restaurant/bar on Hwy 33 in West Bend, across from Fleet Farm, and he's one of the nicest most generous people you'll ever meet. He had a spot open on the 4-some he sponsored and asked me to join. How could I say no?


When I arrived, I discovered my 4-some contained 2 of my favorite co-workers (Jeff & Don) and my manager's husband (a retired school teacher). I was a little nervous because these guys could actually GOLF, but they took me under their wings and we had a great time.


At approximately 3:17pm, Jeff Walters hit the "shot of the day" and then posed for the paparazzi.


I think it all went downhill after that. I couldn't even TELL you what our score ended up being, but I can tell you we certainly weren't in contention for any awards.

Afterwards we grabbed one last cocktail while we gabbed most of the evening away before heading home. Here Don and I pose for a self-portrait, while the people around us try to figure out what the hell we are doing. We didn't really care.

Life is too short to care if people think you're strange because you take your OWN picture.

All in all, it was a great day. Beautiful weather, great friends, I even hit some GOOD shots. Sure, it wasn't a day spent biking. . . . . .but it was still fun.

No comments: