Sunday, April 02, 2006

Meteorology. . . .nice job.

This will be the second time I type this entry as I seem to have lost the first one, how good that makes me feel after the ride we did today.

The rain was supposed to come at 2:00. Not 12:30, not 1:00, but 2:00. Which should have been plenty of time to get our 3 hour ride in, without arriving back home soaked to the bone.

About 1:30 into the ride the drizzle began and continued until we arrived back at Jeff's house. Totally soaked, partially frozen, having lost feeling in our fingers and other parts, the ride today reminded us that we were indeed, alive.

Poor SS Amy got more than she bargained for today. But we made it through. 2 hours 50 minutes in 34 degree temps and pouring rain. You have got to love Wisconsin weather. You never know what to expect. And just when you THINK you know what to expect, it changes. Being a meteorologist in this state has got to be just about the only job where you can be wrong most of the time and still take home a paycheck. In fact, people expect you'll be wrong. Interesting. . . . .

I think I'll hit the hot tub and sit on the couch for the rest of the night stuffing my face. Soon I should be able to feel my extremities again. I can't imagine they're having THIS much fun out in Colorado. . . . . .

2 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger :-) Rides like this make us a lot less likely to complain about a little mud, or maybe even heat?

MTB Girl said...

I hear wind is my training partner. . . .or so a little birdie told me. I should be in GREAT shape then, with all the riding I do in the wind.