Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's a beautiful day for a ride!

Bill and I left the house this AM for our "double date" with SS Amy and her man at the Kettles (Jeff had a hair cut so he could not attend - make sure you tell him how nice his hair looks when you see him now.) Bill was completely skeptical about the weather. I wonder why?!? He thinks all weather people are "dope smoker" and even has this little song he sings. . . .you'll have to ask him about that. But for once they were right the weather was sweet. Showers held off. The ride was great, but the body SUCKED. I knew I dug a hole in NC, but the hole I dug was just a little deeper than I realized. My heart rate responded, but the legs filled up instantly and the ride hurt a LOT.

SS Amy had to pull MY butt around today. Thanks girlfriend. ;-) The first part of the trail was quite wet. . . .slippery for sure, but then it got better. I think this was my first time riding most of the new connector trail, kudos to those who worked on that. Very nice stuff.

Now I'm off to the hot tub for some recovery time. . . . .maybe an alcoholic beverage too? That's supposed to HELP recovery, right?!? At this point the hole is so deep who cares!

5 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

The hole you dug in NC will only help you in the long run.

MTB Girl said...

Tell that to my body. :-(

Coffee King (CK) said...

Hey, that comment about putting my haircut before the bike ride, what gives? It's now how fast you are but how good you look - new motto for 2006.

Coffee King (CK) said...

"Now" should have been "not" - I'm lame as a new blogger :-( "It's not how fast you go, but how good you look"

Back to my leg shaving so that I can go for a ride later today.

MTB Girl said...

I just call it as I see it. Hair cut. . . .bike ride. . . .hhmmm.
;-)