Friday, April 28, 2006

Anything is possible

“Anything’s possible. You can be told you have a 90% chance or a 50% chance or a 1% chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.”

I liked this quote when I saw it. . . .but I liked it even more when I saw it was a Lance Armstrong quote. Anything is possible. The longer I live on this earth, the more I start to see the miracles of the mind-body connection. . . . the more I realize I truly don't understand.

Take racing for example. Sometimes my body says one thing. . . my mind says another. . .and neither of them ends up right. Right now I STILL don't feel fully recovered from my trip and as SS Amy and I discussed, we both feel like citizen riders learning how to ride again (no offense to any citizen riders who may visit my blog). But I still keep on fighting. I still keep showing up on the start line with the hopes that I won't be the last to cross the finish line. After all, life is just one big "ride" isn't it?

Looking forward to the weekend, SS Amy and I have a plan to tear it up at the Team Wisconsin Crit tomorrow. We'll see how that plan unfolds. . . . .and we'll give it our all. At least we're brave enough to venture out there and try even though we're putting ourselves at risk of being chewed up and spit out the back. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. How does one learn how to push themselves to the next level unless they try? Come on Lori, you won't finish last!! What do you have to lose? :-)

And if nothing else SS Amy and I going to look damn good. I mean come on, did you see us at Beechwood?!?


See you there!

5 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Failing to try is the worst failure of all - or something like that... At a minimum you girls can look good while trying :-)

Mountaingoat said...

You two looked gay. I wanted to see a sprint. If you two do that tomorrow you're getting a pump in your spokes.

MTB Girl said...

Of course we looked gay. SS Amy has a "life partner" you know. . .think about it.

I'll sprint tomorrow. . . .but it won't be pretty. I'll likely be sprinting SS Amy cuz we're all that will be left in the back of the pack. . . . .

Mountaingoat said...

Figure out early who the fast ones are and then suck wheel and set false tempo when you are on the front. You'll be fine.

Don't look silly because I'll be taking lots of pics.

MTB Girl said...

Great. You'll catch my "smile", which is actually my look of agony, but it looks like a smile so no one knows I'm dying. It seems to work for me. . . .