Sunday, April 23, 2006

12 Hours of GEARS

Only 33 more days until our team 12 hour race at New Fane. This being my first year as race director, I hope I get it all done. We walked the trail today (part of the trail) as a recovery "ride". I can't believe my legs hurt going up those dinky little hills! Hope the body is back for Iola.

The single track is looking good at New Fane, shouldn't be much to do. Just some raking and a chainsaw for a couple downed trees. Then mow down the trail coming into the timing chute, and we're good to go.

So mark you calendars. . . . .May 27th, 2006 at New Fane. Come and have fun. And watch for next year's 12 hour. We're told the NEW single track they're putting in out there could be done in time for next year's race. Of course we've been thinking that was going to be done every year for the past couple years now. . . .not sure what the hold up is but it should be pretty nice once it's done.

Off to work some now. Have to keep paying the man for our cabin.

1 comment:

Ronsta, said...

New Fane, one of my favorites. Rich did a great job running it and i'm sure you'll do the same. See ya'll there!