Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The day back is always hard. . . . . .

The first day back from vacation is always difficult. Here I sit 10 hours into my work day, STILL sorting through piles on my desk. . . . .Customers & clients that need my attention. It's always good to be needed. . . .especially when you're a Realtor and the only way you get paid is when you sell a house. But today it's tough to keep the mind focused when I'd rather be "back at the cabin" slacking.


I'll break out the stories as the week progresses, so as to keep you all entertained. Starting with the Tsali Race we did the first weekend we were down there. All I can say is "WOW". That was hard. I think they grow the Sport women a lot faster down there. . . .or at least I felt a lot slower. Maybe it was because if I made any major errors I'd fly off the cliff and die. . . .or maybe it was because I haven't broken out much of the "high end" training yet. Either way, I didn't finish last. I didn't finish first, or even in the middle, but hey. It was a learning experience.

It sure made me appreciate the whole WORS experience. My start time was delayed about 35 minutes. There was no one to yell GOOOOOOOOO. They didn't even count down. All of a sudden all the women were OFF. While I jockeyed for a good start position, I ended up blowing my wad and feeling like I was going to puke. It was a 20 mile race. . . .2 hours 5 minutes. S-L-O-W. I felt like a turtle. But now that I've got that out of the way, I'm ready to ROCK OUT come Iola!

Back to work now. Check back for more EXTREMELY EXCITING stories.

4 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Yu worked ten hours in one day? How do you handle that? That's like two or three days of work for me.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! Is Bill ready for me?!?!?! Remember to keep your prioties staight! Work is a four letter word you know.

MTB Girl said...

You must get paid the BIG bucks. . . .or you're on welfare and not telling anybody. . . can you purchase bike parts with food stamps?

Coffee King (CK) said...

Yes, work is over rated. Work to live, not live to work. Although I think Girl has this one figured out...