Thursday, January 03, 2008

A New Year. . . . .a new leaf

Isn't that what they say? The new year is the time to turn over a new leaf? What does that mean exactly? It's a funny little saying.

2008 came in gently for the Nigh household. With South Park playing in the background a bit earlier and friends stretched out upon the couch, the floor and perched in the bar stools, we simply bid each other a happy 2008 as we flipped to watched Dick Clark slur through his New Year's presentation.

No pyramids, no games, no drunk-fests, just a simple gathering of the "regulars", the "old friends" who don't frequent our get-togethers too much, and the "new friend" who braved the evening with a bunch of strange, old people (well, SOME of us are old).

As 2007 made it's way into history, I curled into a ball off on my own to contemplate my existence. And while I decided 2007 wasn't all that bad, I vowed to make 2008 just a little bit better. Perhaps a little more focus on myself this year will take me to the next level in whatever challenges I decide to conquer this year. We'll see.

Happy 2008.

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

No pyramid? I'm pretty disappointed. I've been anxiously waiting to see what the New Years Eve one was going to look like.