Monday, January 28, 2008

Body Worlds

Went to see this yesterday. I thought it was going to be a little creepy, but it was actually pretty neat.

It was very interesting to see how everything goes together, how many nerves, muscles, etc we have in our bodies. What obesity looks like, what smoker's lungs look like, what a human embryo looks like at each week of development.

Interesting stuff. The only thing that would have been more interesting would be to know how old each of the bodies were. . . . .and how long it takes to "plasticize" each one. Looks like it takes lot, and LOTS of work.

I'd recommend it. It's not as creepy as it seems.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

we saw it a couple years back when it was in chicago. very cool.
the guy on the horse was insane.

Anonymous said...

The guy on the horse...did you know him?

SugsCandy said...

Sugs and I went when it was in Chicago back then as well. That horse was huge! We really enjoyed the exhibit and may go this week to see it again as long as it's in town. If I remember correctly, there was a bike rider too. I would like to see the new exhibit someday.

MTB Girl said...

There wasn't a biker at this exhibit unfortunately. But it was pretty neat.

velogrrl said...

I saw it in Chicago too. I really liked it . I remember the bike rider, which was cool, but for some reason I can't picture the horse.

Anonymous said...

"Dissection and Plastination of an entire body requires about 1,500 working hours and normally takes about one year to complete."