Monday, January 21, 2008

A relaxing. . . . .but disappointing weekend.

Finally, it was a weekend where we didn't have a million things crammed into a 48 hour period. I had some business to do Saturday morning, but then the rest of the day was open - free of "scheduled plans". Being determined to finally get back on the training horse. . . .I met a friend at the Y Friday night and we did our weight workout together. I'm enjoying weights this winter, because my body is cooperating and letting me do them. We pushed each other and left there completely drained (sweet).

Saturday morning I awoke, went to my appointment (after dressing for zero degree weather) and headed home to hit the trainer. I could feel the hangover from the weight lifting, and I knew the weekend's workouts were likely to be compromised, but I thought I'd still try. Yeah, a pile of poopie. I managed to finish my longer ride Saturday, only to shorten my Sunday ride because the body simply said "NO". But, that was ok.

The shorter ride Sunday allowed me to sneak in some relaxation time and a short nap before taking my place on the couch for the disappointing Packer game. While I'm not a huge football fan, a "Wisconsonite" must watch the Packer game, especially at THIS point in the season. The game kept us all on the edge of our seats. . . . . . .some yelling at the TV, some pacing the floor, some trying not to fall asleep, some farting non-stop. . . . . . .overall a very challenging evening. The "Chinese buffet" however, was delicious! :-)

I was in such a deep sleep when the alarm went off this morning I wasn't sure what day it was. For a moment I thought it was Sunday and I was a little excited to have another WHOLE day to goof around. But then the smell of the coffee hit me, and I realized it was Monday. . . . .a day to drag my butt out of bed, make my mile long work list, and of course, finally update my blog again, before I lose ALL my blog friends.

Overall. . . . .a relaxing and fun weekend. . . . .but it could have ended a LITTLE better if the Packers would have won. Oh well. I think I'll live.

Happy Monday.

No comments: