Monday, January 28, 2008

I don't understand

I'm having a hard time understanding people in the world today.

Why is it so hard to provide GOOD, RELIABLE, QUALITY service?

Why is it so hard to say when you'll do something, and then DO IT AT THAT TIME?

Why is it so hard to say if you DON'T WANT to do it, instead of making excuses as to why you "can't" do it?

Case in point:

I've got a foreclosure listing closing on Thursday. I called the plumber I work with, who I send ALL my business to, and have been sending business to for a number of years now, to complete some CRITICAL plumbing prior to it's closing. I ordered this work LAST WEEK MONDAY, noting it needed to be completed LAST WEEK. That way everything would be done, re-inspected, paid for, paperwork gathered, lien waivers obtained, etc. by tomorrow at the latest. I stopped out at the property to check on the work Friday (I shouldn't be having to CHECK on these things, they should just be DONE but that never seems to be the case). Good thing I checked. The work wasn't done. I called today only to find out the plumber is on vacation and the work isn't even ON the schedule for the week.

WTF??

Happy F'ing Monday.

People are stupid. If you SAY you're going to do it, you'd better F'ing do it or else DON'T tell me you're going to do it. Don't tell me you'll have it done by Friday when you won't, don't tell me you're going to call me when you're not, don't tell me you "can't" do it when you can, but you really don't "WANT" to.

Say what you mean. . . . . . mean what you say. People will have a lot more respect for you, professionally AND personally.

2 comments:

velogrrl said...

A friend who is working at a client's house is experiencing similar plumbing problems - they were supposed to show a week ago, and haven't shown up or called over the course of the week. He can't finish his work until they do theirs. And he's not the one who hired the plumbers, but he is the one who gets to sit and wait for them to not show... sounds very frustrating. I hope it all works out soon for you and your buyer.

Dave G said...

Calm down Brittany. Take a deep breath, and exhale. Take another deep breath, and exhale. Feel better? No, well, there's always alcohol :) You've earned this sale and then some. Take care.