Sunday, July 22, 2007

Party All Weekend!

Well, it was a good weekend overall.

Friday night had us celebrating down at Squirt's house. She made us spaghetti and the best cherry chip cake EVER (my favorite cake. . . .next to cheesecake).

Saturday we headed down to do the WEMS race at Crystal Ridge. I was SOOOO excited to be able to use my BUTT muscles again. . . .it was awesome. The coccyx is still a little sore. . . .but it doesn't seem to be holding me back too much anymore. Now I just have to work on gaining back the fitness I lost during that brief "intermission".
The WEMS race brought out a bunch of WORS peeps. It was a mileage vs a timed race this time around. . . .so the 30 miles took me about 3:30. It was nice to ride at a little easier pace, vs killing myself. It gave me time to work on my "skills". . . . and use my body wisely. There were only 2 of us gals who were "woman" enough to show up for the 30 miler. . . . . .so I managed to pull out a 1st place on my birthday.
Sunday offered up b-day celebrations with my family for a brunch at our house. . . . . .a nice little recovery ride. . . . .and then another celebration with some more peeps.

Yes, Captain was there too. . . . . .he just took the picture. He got stung in the arm by a bee at the 3 hour and I think he didn't want anyone to see how much bigger that arm was. It looks a little freakish. . . . . . .

Now it's almost bedtime and the weekend is over. The body is tired, but it sure doesn't feel ANYTHING like it did after Green Bay. THANK GOD!! Hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad of a day after. . . .the day after.

2 comments:

Dano said...

Happy B-day!

Ronsta, said...

Happy (late) Birthday!!