Thursday, July 05, 2007

The 4th

Yesterday was a low key day. We hooked up with some peeps for a nice leisurely road ride. 1:15 into the ride Shooter hit a stick (more like a freakin' LOG), which sent her flying off her bike, unfortunately into my path. I ended up running over her (sorry again) and landing square on my tailbone.

My first (and hopefully LAST) road crash. Had to call a ride home. . . .there was no way I could get back on the bike.

Went to the Dr today for an x-ray. Didn't get the results back yet. . . .but it's likely not broken, fractured or cracked. . . . .although it sure hurts enough!

Got some Vicodin for the pain. If it's a bruise Dr said it should heal itself in a week or two. I'm counting on that to be the issue. I actually landed on my "bulging discs" which scared the crap out of me. Hopefully, the impact popped them back in! We'll see. :-)

I'm in good spirits though. I'm alive. . . . .I'm in once piece. . . . .and all is well. I can tolerate pain, as long as it's not in my mouth. :-)

2 comments:

Dano said...

Chin up!

velogrrl said...

owww, I feel your pain.

I have had several "tailbone landings", some while on the mountain bike and some on icy sidewalks, and it isn't fun - hurts to sit, hurts to walk, can't escape it. Hope the discs are ok.

I hope you are feeling better very soon, long before Stump Farm next weekend.