Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The day after, the day after - also known as Tuesday

It seems sometimes after a hard race, Tuesdays are worse than Mondays. I think that's the case this week, as I feel like someone clubbed me in several areas of my body.

My quads are sore to the touch where my full-blown cramps set in. My hamstrings are tight, my glutes are sore, my calves feel achy, my abs are tired, even my hip flexors are sore. A simple act such as bending my knee hurts all the muscles in my legs, especially my quads.

My coccyx is angry, my bulging discs are even MORE angry and my sciatica is acting up. Even the muscles all the way up my back are tired & achy.

My ability to cope with stress is at an all time low today. . . . my socialization skills are lacking (which is HIGHLY unusual for me), I'm hungry even though I just ate, I feel like I need a nap and I just want to sit and stare at the TV.

Never underestimate the damage done to muscles that cramp. While I don't understand all the "medical mumbo-jumbo", I DO understand that when you experience full-blown cramps. . . . . .it's gonna take a while for your body to repair itself.

I love Tuesdays after a hard race. They remind you that you are ALIVE. How nice. Gggrrrr.

2 comments:

Dano said...

Its almost too weird how we go thru the same crap...

Napolean's grandma broke her coccyx, so you should feel lucky!

Anonymous said...

We've got a 150 lapper at the Velodrome tonite - come join us!