Monday, April 30, 2007

Will it? Or won't it?

Today's supposed to be the day we close on one of my listings that I've been working feverishly over the past 6+ months to put together.

I've logged countless hours on this property. . . . .had many "counseling talks" with both buyer and seller. . . . . sent about 50 trees worth of paperwork to the bank on behalf of both buyer and seller. . . . .been yelled at a number of times by a number of parties for things beyond my control. . . . shed a few tears of frustration, anger and eventually pity. . . . .sent probably 50 e-mails to buyer, seller, buyer's lender and seller's lender. . . . spent hundreds of dollars of my OWN money trying to get the buyer and seller on the same page. . . . . sat down with my office manager, had conversations with our corporate attorney, and chatted through problems with my fellow colleagues. . . . . .all leading up to today, the "big" day.

At 8:33am, we're still uncertain if we'll be able to close this puppy at 3:30 today. If we do, we're home free and I'm finally "rid" of this tremendous time & energy drainer of a headache. . . . . .and I'll be popping a bottle of champagne to celebrate my new found freedom. If we don't. . . . . .I'm out a lot of time & money and we go back to the drawing board in the hopes we can salvage something before the property is sold at a sheriff's sale next month. . . . .and I'll be pouring a strong beverage to drown my sorrows in this evening.

I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

SugsCandy said...

I hope it went well for you.

This sounds like like a situation that the Realtor we're buying our home from is in. I'm sure he can't wait to be done with the deal either. But it can't be at our expense, so we're waiting until our home sale is final before closing that deal.

The now owner of our possible soon to be home is in back taxes like 4 years and in such financial despair, I'm not sure if the deal will even be able to close before the sheriff and/or the bank take it. Oh well, if that happens, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Looking forward to knowing how it went.

Christine said...

I was just thinking as I read your post that I would need a major drink, DAILY, to deal with that.

MTB Girl said...

Well. . . .I poured the Korbel & 7 this evening. . . .actually poured TWO of them, both of which I drank. I guess we've got one more day to try to come up with answers before the bank pulls the rug out from under us. Let's hope for better things tomorrow. . . . .