Saturday, April 28, 2007

WELL. . . . . .

What beautiful weather today! It was so nice, I didn't even mind getting my a$$ handed to me in the Cat 4 women's race at Whitnall Park. With (apparently) 4 laps to go a "bell" was rang (rung?), leading half the women to believe we were on our last lap. So off they went. . . . .well, of course I had to follow. . . . .put it all out there, rounded the corner, climbed the last hill, only to see 3 LAPS TO GO. Nice. At that point I was fried. . . . so I needed a bit of a "rest" to be able to finish. Needless to say, my finish wasn't so good. But then again, the Cat 4 women seem just a little faster now. . . . .or am I getting slower? Hmmm. . . . . .

Tomorrow's Rock Cut. We'll see if that goes better. At least it's a mountain bike race, so if nothing else, I'll have a blast while I'm "killing myself". Sweet. I hope Athena is ready cuz we're gonna hit it HARD. Let's see those Cat 4 Roadie women try and take me on there. I'll give them a run for their money. Ok, enough talking smack. I'm starting to sound like my peeps now. . . . .

Out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a shame. In our shared passion for cycling, with my 15 year old daughter racing that she is often hearing the older 'mature' riders, who we would hope she learns from, talk down of either roadies or mtb riders.

Unknown said...

i just read and reread this post... i don't see the talking down part?

MTB Girl said...

Maybe because I made reference to the fact that I'm a better mountain biker than roadie? To each their own. . . .while I respect those fast roadie girls, I'll take the dirt over the road any day. Doesn't mean I think I'm any better of a person than they are.

Mountaingoat said...

I know for a fact I'm faster than any roadie on the dirt. Is that talking down?

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say, I've seen roadies come in and beat me on the dirt. It has nothing to do with categorizing each other. That's where the 'smack' talk gets us all into trouble. Though, nothing in this blog post was meant to insult anyone, i suppose the reference to 'smack' talk and the 'let's see those cat. 4 roadie women...' comment can be easily misinterpreted. After all we do hear negative comments towards roadies rather often in the mtb scene.

MTB Girl said...

Yes, I too have been beaten by "roadies" on the dirt. And you're right. . .people can (and often times do) misinterpret things. Having been on both sides of the fence. . .I hear negative comments from roadies about mountain bikers JUST as much as I hear the opposite. While it's all "cycling", they're two very different worlds (in my opinion). Neither one is "better". . . . except in the eye of the beholder.

Anonymous said...

Too many people get way too offended by minor comments. Roadies suck. Most mountainbikers are too stupid to ride on the road, and SSers just think their super too cool for anyone. Track riders are nothing but a bunch of meatheads and BMX is for rednecks. Recumbents are for those that never graduated off of training wheels. The only true cyclist is the uni-cycler. Now that's cool.

MTB Girl said...

I heard SSers really DO think they're TOO cool for anyone. . . .you mean that's not really true??

Mountaingoat said...

It's all true.

Anonymous said...

I am a roadie and I rule, ask anyone!