Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Is YOUR head stuck in a glass?

Ever feel like this??

I think coming back from vacation has me feeling like I have my head stuck in a glass. My mind is still riding the mountain bike trails of North Carolina. . . . .hoping I don't fall off the ridge and plummet down into the ravine and hurt myself.

The start of the WORS season is less than 3 weeks away and I sympathize with DANO in the respect that I don't feel ready. Riding in North Carolina reminded me that I do indeed have SKILLS. . . . and it got me psyched up to jump into another year of WORS and hopefully complete a FULL season without too many issues. . . . . .but it also showed me that I'm really, not ready yet.

Top that feeling off with the rainy weather we've had. . . . .the sore muscles I still have from the trip. . . . .the uncertain real estate transactions I've got in the works. . . . .and going from being "trapped" in a cabin with 10 people to the solitude of an entire 2400+ sq foot house ALONE (except for the 2 dogs and of course the Captain when he arrives home in the evening) and it makes for a bit of adjustment.

In light of the "mental & emotional" adjustments needed this week, I've decided to stack another recovery week in the plan. What the heck. My week in NC was a pretty good load. . . I might as well reap the benefits of that week by letting the muscles recover and build themselves stronger. Hopefully the weekend will make for better riding weather with friends.

Sweet, that frees up a couple more hours today with no "significant" ride planned. I think I'll go clean a bit before I have to jump back into work. I guess life is not so bad really.

1 comment:

Dano said...

I'm already better than I was last week!