Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rock Cut

Well, three words. . . . .I'm NOT ready.

That's what I have to say about the WORS season this year. I know I'm not alone because there are a LOT of people feeling the same way. . . .but a nice long 2 hour race reminds you of your weaknesses and smacks you in the face with them. Perhaps this will be one year I "train into shape" like the majority of people do, but that's fine. I'm still having fun, and so what if I'm not where I want to be in my "training"? I finished today. . . .I didn't go over the bars, I didn't even FALL. . . . .and I rode most of the logs. Good enough.

There were a number of WORS people there today. . . . .so while the pain level seemed quite a bit higher than I've become accustomed to in this "off" season. . . .I felt right at home with all my peeps.

I really have no idea how I finished in the overall, because we're so spoiled with WORS and seeing our results so quickly. . . .but I do know I thought I was going to DIE on the first lap while I felt like I could WALK my bike faster on the second lap. The funny thing is there was only about 3 1/2 minutes difference between the 2 laps for me. Funny how painful that time over "LT" can be especially in the beginning of the season.

I also forgot how to ride for most of the race. . . .which I knew would be the case. Thankfully it wasn't a very technical course (other than the log piles) so I at least had a chance to get back to some of the basics. Now I should be able to shine at Iola. Yes. . . .shine. That's what I'll do. Now I just have to undo the damage these 2 back to back race days have done to my muscles. They are ANGRY. But I have a WHOLE week. . . . I should be fine.

1 comment:

Christine said...

At least you are warmed up:)