Sunday, April 01, 2007

Race Update

Boy, I feel like I've really been neglecting my blog. Between the crazy hours at work, trying to get ready for our NC trip, and still maintaining my training and trying to see my friends, I haven't had a lot of time lately for "down time". That sucks.

Today I did the crit in Sheboygan at Evergreen Park. It was pretty fun. It sprinkled on my race a little bit, and it poured for CK's. Weather was cool. . . . .wet. . . . .and icky. But it's ok. There were 15 girls in the Cat 4 women group, and I managed to finish 4th. Again I pulled for a while. . . . .but today it just seemed easier to be out front when it came to the big downhill. It's MUCH nicer to bitch down the hill and NOT have to hit your breaks. There was one nice uphill which I seemed pretty strong on. For the most part, I'd pass most of the girls with the exception of about 2 who were pretty strong, then again hills have become a stronger point for me in the past couple years.

So now my body is tired, I have a PILE of work to do. . . .LOTS of things to wrap up before departure Thursday night. . . . . .and I haven't even starting packing a thing. On top of that my HR monitor took a crap over the weekend, so now I'll have to factor that into the plans. . . .to go purchase a new one.

That's it for me. Off to return a couple calls, unpack my race crap and then FINALLY relax.

4 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Nice job. Gage was out there racing but we had to be in Whitewater for Zoe's state meet by 1pm.

There's nothing wrong with pulling if you got the legs for it.

Christine said...

Dam, I missed another race. Too much goin on, never enough time in the day. Glad to hear you did well at the race! Have fun on your trip!

Dano said...

If I knew you were comin' I'd a baked a cake!

We were going to stop back after our ride but it wa too crappy out and we were way cold....

Nice race tho...

Sarah Lukas said...

Yay! Nice job out there. also, enjoy your vaca!