Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Taking advantage of the weather. . . .

With such beautiful weather, how can one NOT take advantage of it. . . .especially when you have the kind of schedule that allows you to?!

Yesterday I managed to get out with Shooter to put 1:45 on the mountain bike with a shorter stem. It felt much better, but I can tell I need to go just a bit shorter yet, so I ordered that today. It's amazing how something that little can make that much difference. My back felt better after that ride than it felt after the ride Saturday. The single track felt less sloppy, the climbs felt better. 10mm shorter and I think we're golden.

Today the Virgin had off of work (returning from a mini-vacation to see family) so I wrapped up all my work stuff in the AM and we hit the road. I asked her how long she wanted to ride, she said "whatever. . . . .2 hours. . . .2 1/2 hours. . . .whatever". Somehow we managed to spend 2:52 in the saddle for a total of about 47 miles. Should have rounded the block to make it over that 50 hump, but I was already getting her back later than we shot for. The weather was perfect. The day was perfect. The ride was awesome. Nice easy pace. . . . .emptying the tanks without abusing the body too badly. Loved every minute of it.

Now I hope I have enough left in those tanks to do Crystal Ridge tomorrow. I'm hoping my 80mm stem comes in so I can get out and try it. Seems that I need about an hour to remember how to ride my bike each time I make a change like that, so doing that before Phillips would be nice. Sure hope the shop gets it in time. . . . .we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome ride! Wish my schedule allowed me to do that more often.

Christine said...

I am jealous