Wednesday, June 20, 2007

OBC Wednesday

This Wednesday I opted for the road vs the dirt. Hit the Ozaukee Bicycle Club ride w/some peeps. This gal traveled from WAY down south to ride with us. Got about 2 hours in with a few sprints. Shooter tried to take me at the end with a sprint to the stop ahead sign, but I laid down the law. Yeah, the true story is I felt like I was dying, saw 184 on my HRM and my legs were screaming. I barely made it there first and thought I was going to puke when I did. It was awesome.

I've been finding after hard races where I really put it all out there that it's taking me longer to recover. It's only a 90 minute race. . . . .but I think I'm not taking the time to property refuel like I used to. . . .and do active recovery like I used to. Today my legs were still quite tired and my heart rate was slow to respond. Definitely not recovered. I'm going to have to work on that process. Back to the basics. :-)

Tomorrow I'll try and squeeze in an easy endurance spin between the possible showers. A little LESS work would be good, but then again we now have a car payment. . . .so that's not really a SMART option. . . . . then again, I'm not ALWAYS the smartest kid in class.

No comments: