Monday, June 25, 2007

Almost t-boned

Well, today has just been an exciting day.

A trip to the dentist reveals a root canal is needed on my lower left molar. It has a rather large filling in it, that has been replaced once already and I had been prepared by my dentist that it would indeed need a root canal someday. I just hoped that day would be when I was 89. No such luck. The earliest they could get me an "official" appointment was Friday morning. I'm on the "waiting list" for an earlier apt. The receptionist was sure they'd see me prior to Friday as people call and cancel all the time. Gee, I can't imagine why.

Finally cancelled our Y membership today. That only took 3 months too long. At least we'll get a break for a couple months before we have to renew it again for the winter workouts.

On the way to the Y I was almost t-boned by an elderly man in a minivan. He decided NOT to stop at the stoplight when everyone else did, and abruptly stopped about 1 foot from the driver's door. It was so close I saw his seat belt catch him as he snapped back in the seat. I nearly crapped my pants. I've owned a new car for less than 2 weeks and today, some elderly gentleman who probably shouldn't even have a license almost hurt it badly. Thank god he stopped in time. I'm pretty sure I would have went ballistic on him. And the funny thing is. . . .I wasn't even the first car turning. I was the SECOND. He simply wasn't even looking at the light. Nice.

It's about time to take some more Tylenol 3 w/Codeine. . . .so I can continue to function as a "normal" human being. I'm scared to eat. . . . . .hopefully the drugs help until they can squeeze me in and "fix" the problem. At this point, I'm ready for it. I don't even care. Drill away. Just take the pain away.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dude... i feel your teeth pain.

Christine said...

Have a beer!

The Shed Master said...

Wash those pills down with a little Wild Turkey.

velogrrl said...

The root canal probably won't be nearly as bad as what you are going through now! Good luck, hope somebody cancels soon.