Monday, May 28, 2007

The Weekend Review

Well, we made it through Saturday, and the 12 hours at New Fane. I think sometimes people don't realize how much work is involved with putting on a race. I'm very thankful we've got a great team full of volunteers who made the day a success, and a GREAT bunch of riders & peeps who turned out to tear it up despite the threats from mother nature. I received many comments on how nice the race was. . . . people enjoyed the two little sections of singletrack that we slaved over. That made it worth all the efforts.

I'm new at the posting of the pictures. . . . .so we'll see if this works, but I THINK I have them posted HERE. I even got to sit in the woods a couple times and snap these. . . .that was fun.

Yesterday was clean up, Bill and I rode the course ourselves. It was kind of fun. Then we took it all down. That was sad.

Today had me missing the chance to hook up with my peeps. . . . .so I headed out for a road ride solo and had the "fun opportunity" to change my rear tire 45 minutes into the ride. I do not know what the name of the tires I have are. . . . . .but they're supposed to be "race tires", blah, blah, blah, anyway they are SUUUUUPER hard to take off. Holy crap. I pulled to the side of the road and 30 minutes later FINALLY had the mother F'er changed. Nice. Continued on with my ride, felt like total crap, developed horrendous stomach cramps 30 minutes from home, pulled in my garage, shed my gear and curled up into a little ball on the couch. I guess the stress of the week finally caught up with me. I hate stress. The older I get, the harder it is to handle. At least I logged 2:20, even if it was slow and stressful.

That's my weekend in a nutshell. Now I'm off to do some work. . . .off to show a house. . . .then probably come back home to curl up in a ball again on the couch. Sweet.

7 comments:

jwm said...

Thanks for the race. You're right, I have no idea how much work it was. But I really had a blast.

-jwm

Anonymous said...

I've been involved in a self induced research study on this "stress" thing. I've always coped really well with stress...kind of attracted to it...that needs to stop! It's either the age thing or I've suffered complete burn out. Time to quit the job, live on my bike and eat out of...oh, sh!$%#%%$&%^&, I'm married, old, called responsible...here comes that "stress" things again. Okay enough whining, I'm off to save the world again.

Dano said...

I heard nothing but good things.

Good job guys!

Mark McCrimmon said...

The race was much greater than expected! I was fearing a 4 mile open course and was pleasently surprised by the fast rolling sections along with some new singletrack. Thanks for all of your efforts. We were blessed with the weather! Our 4 man team report can be found here http://markmccrimmon.blogspot.com.

Chris said...

"Kind of fun." Ha! That course was awesome!

rusty wrycza said...

nice pics!
try spot-focus/spot metering
it'll help

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for all your work! The 2 extra sections of singletrack were a lifesaver as the day wore on; they were a good way of forcing my brain out of oxygen debt and back into thinking mode.

I'm sorry we were the only family that showed; we feel a little guilty about that - we tried to recruit more!