Monday, May 07, 2007

Results

Results are up. Boy, they weren't kidding when they said the #1 Sport girl was way out there. I finished 5th, and I was a whopping 7:31 behind her. The #2 Sport girl was a whole 2:27 behind her with the 3rd place gal coming in 6:44 behind her. After that we were pretty clustered in times. . . . . .as you would expect. I tell you there's no way I'm pulling out another 7+ minutes in any future races. I can see it's going to be extremely tough to hang in the top 5 this year.

Great job done by everyone out there. Kuddos to fellow teammates who had great performances. The Virgin FINALLY gave in and did this race. . . . . . finished 4th overall (4th in age too - man that's a tough age this year). I think she's hooked. Looks like their #1 girl had lap times comparable to MINE. . . . .Hhhhm, maybe join the sport girls for the next race? Arin Lemke our up and rising star performer (a mere 15 years old. . . . .doesn't even train on her bike) managed to almost grab the top 10 in Citizen (13th). Angie Theriault who makes a last minute decision to move up to Sport and manages to clench 2nd in age and top 15 overall (14th). Nice job everyone!
Kuddos to some of our other "newbies". . . . . .first WORS race, great performances. Ben, Matt, Larry, I'm sure I'm missing some. . . . .
Then our returning comp champs Ross, Jeff Parker, The General (who took the bull by the horns and joined the comp ranks this year) & Steve.
And of course our star "elite" performers. . . . . .Captain (who's way too hard on himself), BINGO (Sam W), The "dreamy A.J Ettmayer", and the finally top 10 Jeff Melcher (CK). That boy took home some cash and muttered something about a dance of joy. . . . .yeah, whatever.

Overall it was a fun filled weekend of camping, good friends, good food, good riding, awesome racing. Can't wait to do it all again in 2 weeks. Once again. . . . .I'm hooked.

2 comments:

Dano said...

Sounds like you guys had fun.

I should try it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl!! I have BIG hopes for you this year. Go get em'!!!Wish I could be a part of the racing scene sometime soon.. I miss all the FUN!! Health and family 1st and then racing. Wish I could find a balance and keep everyone happy including myself. Hope to see you soon. I will try to show up for a few just to keep up with the FUN!!!
mtbikin'mama
Tammi