Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Crazy Weather Wednesday

Why is it. . . . .that it seems to rain the most on Wednesdays? Is it because that's the one day there are "options" (for me) with regards to group rides? Is it because Crystal Ridge has "a curse" on it? Is it because Wednesday is just THE day Mother Nature picks to unleash? Because it sure seems like it rains more on Wednesdays than any other day of the week.

That's ok though. We need the rain. Working out at New Fane for our 12 hour race we were noticing how dry everything was. Even with the amount of rain we got yesterday, today the trails were hardly even damp.

Perhaps it will pour tonight. . . . .with lingering showers in the AM. . . .then clear up in time for good afternoon ride, and for the trails to dry out for the weekend. That seems to be the perfect scenario. Of course things always go "perfect".

I managed to squeak in a 90 minute ride at New Fane before the showers arrived this afternoon. That's ok, because it seems 90 minutes was all I had in me. For some strange reason my body is fatigued. . . . heart rate not responding. . . .efforts over endurance feel WAY harder than they usually feel. But I'm not coming off a heavy training week. . . . .or a weekend full of biking. . . . .so I'm not really sure what's up. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to a fun filled weekend of climbing and fun, twisty single track. The two things I'm good at. I hope there's some HARD stuff too.

2 comments:

jwm said...

hey keep that race up, it sounds like fun to do the "family class". But I need a few years for the kids. (nevermind I need to relearn how to mtn bike).

-jwm

Christine said...

At least you can produce good results when your tired:) I have felt fatigue since vacation. I know how my body feels when it's alive and I don't have that feeling. Hopefully this will pass soon! I am actually looking forward to a technical climb instead of the usual hammer fest hill climbs.