Monday, May 14, 2007

Sometimes blogging is hard work!

Yes, it's true. Sometimes blogging is hard work. That's when you get the comics from me. . .or the jokes. . . it's when I'm either too lazy to think too hard, or when I'm too moody and I'm afraid I'll say something I'm not supposed to say and make people angry, hurt people's feelings or have my friends and family wonder if they should check me in somewhere. . . . . . .

This afternoon I'm lazy. I've got some pictures from the weekend that I need to download and I can give you the full story from Friday night. For now, I'll leave it at "Shooter went shooting". Film at 11:00 (tomorrow).

Saturday we had a great turn out at New Fane to get the trail ready to go for our team 12 hour event, which is on Saturday, May 26th. We had about 15 people, some of them not even from out team, show up and lend a hand to clear the trails, "eat the weeds", pull the garlic mustard, and cut a bit of new single track. After a short ride, Captain, General and myself headed back into the pines to play around with another twist or two of new singletrack. Let me tell you. . . .clearing pine branches and all the "slash" (the stuff left behind when they log) is HARD work! The 3 of us spent about 90+ minutes out there and managed to lay out a cool, but short, section. That 90 minutes of work amounts to about 120 seconds of riding. . . . .but hey, it's cool so who cares?

Saturday night we celebrated Bill's dad's birthday - Happy Birthday Jerry!!! I think he's like 39 now. Maybe he's 41. . . .I'm not sure. I was so tired I barely remember the night. Sorry Jerry. He's so cool he got a GPS for his birthday. Now I can send him all over the place showing houses for me. . . . .since he'll NEVER get lost.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day again to all the moms. We took my mom out to Ponderosa for brunch. Let me say. . . .the Ponderosa in Hartford has good food, but there are a lot of "interesting" people there. Let's just leave it at that. 2 hours later we were FINALLY on our way home to go ride New Fane a bit more. Wrap up the night with an episode of Extreme Home Makeover and a bowl of ice cream. . . . .and call it a night. Overall it was a good weekend.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I know someone who has an anonymous blog so they are free to speak thier mind and no one knows who they are, not even his wife(it just kills her),sounds like fun to me:O I am always worried someone from work is lurking in on me.