Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wednesday night

I grabbed a few of my peeps and headed out to do the Crystal Ridge time trial last night. Other than looking like I had showered when I was done because I SWEAT so much, it was a good time. However. . . . . .that darn Megatron. . . .she's a fast one. I keep thinking maybe I'll catch her one of these days. . . .but no such luck. Maybe she'll start liking BOYS more than biking soon and stop being so good on the bike. I can only hope.

I still feel I need that set back seat post, as I feel I'm constantly scooting back on my seat. It's already all the way back and it STILL needs to go back a bit more. It's on order, supposedly will be here tomorrow. I have great apprehension about putting it on my bike Saturday and then racing a 3 hour race Sunday without proper time to adjust it and find the "perfect" setting. Although I don't do a lot of my OWN bike maintenance, I'm completely anal about how things are set up. If something's changed on my bike, I feel it. I'm not sure sure I want to FEEL a change during a 29 mile ride.

We're looking forward to camping this weekend. We've got the generator all set to go so we're ready no matter what. Cold, hot, rain, heck we can even handle snow. It's just like bein' at home. I even get to shower AND dry my hair.

The starting order this weekend will be interesting as well. I hope I don't get in the way of TOO many "elite" boys (and girls). I hate it when that happens. It's a very stressful process . . . . . .for the SLOWER rider. Except when Brian Matter passes you. I almost didn't even SEE him pass me at Rock Cut he was so freakin' fast.

Time to rest the body. It's gonna take a beating this weekend.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Maybe someone can come up with a teen dance for the young mountian biking group, let them get to know each other. Could be a good plan, they might certainly have more fun doing other things then biking with the old folks.

Anonymous said...

Megatron/bubba/Weigel; I believe one of these 3 is keeping the other two slightly a part.

Smudgemo said...

Bike racing? When I was growing up, that place was just a dump. How times have changed.

Dano said...

I bet my set back seatpost is better than your set back set post!

:-)